Search Unity

Dino Gunship: Airborne Hunt

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by 2Beans Apps, Jul 23, 2015.

1. 2Beans Apps

2Beans Apps

Hi everyone - greetings from Australia!

We have just spent the last hour looking through this thread - we've really been impressed by the quality of some of these games people are working on. I really wish we had known about this thread sooner, we would have loved to post about our own game from the start and got your helpful advice every step of the way.

As it is, we are actually a long way into the development process. Our game is going to be released for Android and iOS. It's called "Dino Gunship: Airborne Hunter". The game is a dinosaur shooter - but with a twist - you get to hunt dinosaurs from a helicopter! It will be free to play, and ad supported.

We have put together a cllip of Mission 1 as it is currently. There will be 4 different environments the player can choose from.

We've been able to take advantage of some of the fantastic assets on the Unity Asset Store for our environments, weapons and dinosaurs.

This is actually the first time anyone outside our development team sees this game, and even though it's late in the development process, we would really love to hear all your feedback. We are most interested in:

- Your first impressions of the game? Does it look like fun to you?

- What might you like to see improved?

...and of course, any and all comments are welcome :)

GarBenjamin likes this.
  2. Serinx

Serinx

To be honest I feel sorry for the dinosaurs, it's like a massacre.

What is the reason for killing the dinosaurs? What's the main objective of the game?

e.g. Are you protecting a settlement that the dinosaurs are harassing? Are the dinosaurs trying to take you down?

Only the pterodactyls pose a threat so I can't see a reason for killing the other dinosaurs.

This is just my opinion of course, some people may enjoy some mindless shooting :p

3. 2Beans Apps

2Beans Apps

You're absolutely right Serinx, it's quite mindless, and maybe not for everyone. In the game you're basically a bit like the 'bad army guys' from the new Jurassic World movie. However most of the dinosaurs you hunt in the game will be threatening. Raptors, Spinosaurs etc... But we are not against the idea of having a back story, it's quite a good idea - if that's what people would like to see.

4. 2Beans Apps

2Beans Apps

Another screenshot just captured: