Search Unity

Dinky Dungeon Level Generator

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by DaphydTheBard, Mar 23, 2012.

1. DaphydTheBard

DaphydTheBard

Hi all,

NOW LIVE ON THE ASSET STORE: http://u3d.as/content/vertex-stream/dinky-dungeon-level-generator/2Ni

We (Vertex Stream Games) have been working secretly and collaboratively with Phex3D, the creators of the Dinky Dungeon Tileset, for the past few weeks to create a new and improved version of our existing Dungeon Level Generator.

This new improved version specifically targets the *new* version of the Dinky Dungeon Tileset - which has over 80 new assets included (rooms, interior items, decorations etc) and is pretty amazing!

Using our utility you can create an infinite number of intelligently-generated, populated dungeons - with a single click.

You can customise many aspects of the generation process - dungeon size, room size, room count, how maze-like the dungeon is, etc.

Decorator prefabs can be used auto-magically by the system to populate rooms and corridors with whatever you can think of - furniture, traps, monsters, etc. and we provide a suite of prefabs out of the box to make your dungeons look amazing straight away - barracks, bed-rooms, dining halls, etc. Each corridor and room tile can have it's own list of prefabs.

Below are some screenshots for promotional purposes and to show you what the tool can do. Everything you see was generated with a single click.

If you haven't heard of the Dinky Dungeon Tileset - be sure to check it out in the asset store. It's an amazing tileset!

Thanks for reading!

$shot1.png $shot3.png $shot4.png $shot5.png $shot2.png

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Dreeka

Dreeka

This looks really interesting!

3. RoyS

RoyS

I bought the Dinky Dungeon, so I'm interested in this.

4. drewradley

drewradley

Ditto.

5. Retronamic

Retronamic

Can we easily replace the Dinky Dungeon models with our own? So it will randomly generate levels based on our "tileset"?

6. DaphydTheBard

DaphydTheBard

Hi Guys

Thanks for your interest in this!

Yes, you can replace the Dinky prefabs with your own - but they need to follow certain rules in order to work.

If you use your own tilesets, they will need to be the same size and orientation as the ones from the Dinky Dungeon Tileset, otherwise they will not line up correctly.

I considered expanding on our original Dungeon Level Generator and making it more generic, but it made more sense to target an existing, well-made, and versatile tile-set and focus efforts around that.

Also, once this hits the asset store, if you *do* decide to purchase a copy, ensure that you grab the latest update of Phex3D's tileset as well (which is also going through review at the same time as this package).

His update is truly amazing - he has added more than 80 new prefabs to the package, and is selling it for the same price as before. You can see some of the new prefabs he has made available by looking at the screenshots we have posted above - there are new rooms types (1x2, 2x2 in multiple flavours) and a whole host of new goodies to place in the dungeon.

If there is enough demand for it we could expand on this generator to try and make it more adaptable for other tilesets - but, without giving too much away, Phex and I do have plans for the coming weeks and months to bring you some truly amazing content for the Unity Asset Store.

I look forward to receiving your feedback once you can get your hands on this.

Cheers

Dave