Search Unity

Dimension Drive: 2 Shoot'em ups in 1!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Stilghar, May 20, 2014.

1. Stilghar

Stilghar

$DD1_openbeta1-470x260.png

Dimension Drive is a fast shoot’em up where you play 2 games at the same time! Dimension Drive has been developed to be played with gamepad or keyboard and can be played on PC, MAC. Kill enemies on one side and recharge your energy for the other, switch frequently!

Download beta (Windows, Mac, Linux)

The game is now on indieDB:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dimension-drive

FEEDBACK WANTED AND APPRECIATED. You can contact us directly here or better yet (and faster) at our twitter.

- This game is being designed for 16:9 resolutions. We recommend 1280x720 for slow computers (720p)

- Controls. The game is prepared to be played with the keyboard and the XBOX 360 controller with no extra configuration:

Keyboard:

* Arrows - Moves The Fliegende around space (Up/Down - Right / Left)
    * Z - Shoots The Fliegende's weapons
    * X - Jump between dimensions. Use the green dot (hint) in the other dimension to know where you will be jumping
    * C - Change your weapon mode (primary / secondary)

XBOX 360 Controller:

* Left stick - Moves The Fliegende around space (Up/Down - Right / Left)
    * RT (Rigth Trigger) - Shoots The Fliegende weapons
    * A (green) - Jump between dimensions. Use the green dot (hint) in the other dimension to know where you will be jumping
    * LB (Left Bumper) - Change your weapon mode (primary / secondary)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  2. Stilghar

Stilghar

3. Stilghar

Stilghar

I hate to bump, but has anybody tried it? We would really appreciate more feedback to continue improving the game. Please help us out.

4. mgear

mgear

Webplayer would be nice.. (easy to test quickly without downloads..)

5. Stilghar

Stilghar

Agreed, we will setup one soon.

In any case, I never understood the reluctance of people to download and play Unity builds. In the end a webplayer will also need to download the game data to the player computer (it is true that this is transparent to the user).

6. Stilghar

Stilghar

Build for Linux added to the main post.

7. liyokikon

liyokikon

Ok... so I thought I'd "try" out the game for a minute or two and dang! i spent 30 minutes on it! its really addictive indeed!
    one thing tho... after playing for a while, I started to notice that the energy level goes down rather quickly and it gets really difficult to recharge the other dimension.

As for the graphics and all, it's awesome!.. there was a bug when I first lunched the game, where everything was "discolored", but I think that happened due to my computer (macbook pro). It didn't happen when I launched it the second time, just thought you should know.

my verdict: ADDICTIVE! :D

8. Stilghar

Stilghar

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked it! Unfortunately we only use Windows so I can't test for that bug on Mac. Let me know if you see it reapear.

The energy levels are done "hard" by design, the idea is that you should manage your energy wisely (stop shooting if you are unsure you are going to get a kill). Also killing bigger/harder enemies will give you much more energy (try that).

liyokikon likes this.
  9. Stilghar

Stilghar

New updated HUD concept

Less clutter, relevant information more visible and easy to see without losing focus of the game. The idea with this HUD is that it will "jump" dimension with the player ship.

What do you think?

10. Stilghar

Stilghar

Beta updated to version 0.4.3 in first post (download link will always point to game website from now on, in order to align all versions to the last one).

Changes:

-Tons of bug fixing,
    - New art
    - Menus controllable with keyboard and gamepad
    - Power ups New sound effects
    - Improved HUD
    - Scoring systme
    - ...and much more!