Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Dim3 Inspire

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by nickavv, Sep 27, 2006.

1. nickavv

nickavv

When I bring my models into Dim3 Inspire they just turn into a bunch of dots and a small plane. What's that all about? Thanks,

-Dorma

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I haven't used it, but I seem to remember someone saying that Dim3 Inspire uses integers rather than floating point, so you have to scale everything way up before importing.

--Eric

3. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

Dim3 Inspire was in large part made with the Dim3 game engine in mind, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it's not fantastically compatible.

The Dim3 engine is a very well-featured open source game engine... but it definitely has limitations that would never even arise in unity. Sometimes the price is worth it. I definitely feel that it is in this case.

4. nickavv

nickavv

k, scaling it up worked out for me. Thanks!

5. Viking Dan

Viking Dan

Inspire is agonizing to use, but does work. Hopefully in the next month or two we'll be able to import animated models from Blender...which is much easier for rigging/posing/animating models.