Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Digitized graphics

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by MathewHI, May 31, 2022.

1. MathewHI

MathewHI

What’s the best way to make animated sprites out of real people like the original Mortal Kombat?

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Take video of your actors, and have an artist clean them up in something like PhotoShop.

hippocoder likes this.
  3. MathewHI

MathewHI

I had a general idea of how to do it, guess there is no real easy way. I’ve got a green screen to capture video just thought someone might have some tips. I know it’s not used a lot in the industry I just really like the look of it.

4. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

With some detail about what you've tried and/or what specifically you're trying to achieve you might get more detail. Generally, answers have about as much detail as the question that was asked, because anything further would require guessing.

What kind of game are you thinking of? You mention Mortal Kombat, but that's just in reference to art technique.

5. MathewHI

MathewHI

It’s basically a Mortal Kombat clone but with side scroller movement

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Bonus points:

BrandyStarbrite and JoeStrout like this.