Search Unity

DIGGER - Caves & overhangs for Unity terrains

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amandin-E, Dec 25, 2018.

1. CplMulder

CplMulder

Can anyone please confirm whether Digger works with MapMagic by Denis Pahunov .... I already own Voxeland but want a light-weight design-time only cave digging system - I do not use the built in Unity terrain system

2. buffyespadon3

buffyespadon3

Hello,

i use digger now but how can i modify the Colliders?
    upload_2019-5-1_12-29-23.png

I use the Third Person Caracter from the Standart Assets:

upload_2019-5-1_12-31-7.png

Br
    :)

3. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Amandin-E ,. Is this Asset fully compatible with GAIA?

4. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Gaia creates standard unity terrains. Digger works with unity terrains so I would say yes.

Duffer123 likes this.
  5. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Does digger work with microsplat or only standard unity terrain shaders?

ledbetterman likes this.
  6. Amandin-E

Amandin-E

Hi there, As @KeithBrown said, it is fully compatible with Gaia.
    It works with standard Unity shaders as well as CTS (partially, as CTS won’t allow to control textures on the mesh independently from terrain textures) but not MicroSplat (Jason and I began to work on this but we both ran out of time).

7. Amandin-E

Amandin-E

This is because third person controller uses Raycast so it must be replaced by Digger Raycast. I will send you and example ASAP.

8. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Hi, I am getting a bunch of errors after I upload it to unity 2019.1. Basically a bunch of missing references, is it not compatible with unity 2019.1 yet?

9. yotingo

yotingo

I'm considering a purchase but just have a few questions.

1. How is performance handled with many cave meshes or a very large cave mesh? Is there automatic occlusion culling?
    2. Would I have control to enable/disable the cave meshes? I want to make sure to not spawn enemies inside the cave before the cave itself (with colliders) is enabled. Does culling affect this?
    3. I know that Digger only officially supports CTS, but how would it react if I add it to a RTP terrain? What issues would I face?

10. Velcer

Velcer

Hello. I'm using this asset, but digging doesn't appear to be updating the terrain collider. I can walk over anything I've dug.

11. erik666

erik666

Hello. I have a problem. I use asset Game Creator which use foot IK. If Foot IK is enabled, I have a problem with feet. By the edges of caves i create, feet aren't on the ground but they are pushed to the air. See screenshots below. First screenshot where player is standing on the ground if with Foot IK disabled. Second screenshot where player is "flying", the foot IK enabled.

Attached Files:

12. karlschanzl

karlschanzl

[QUOTE = "Velcer, Beitrag: 4517575, Mitglied: 1328762"] Hallo. Ich verwende dieses Asset, aber beim Graben wird der Terrain Collider anscheinend nicht aktualisiert. Ich kann über alles gehen, was ich gegraben habe.
    Hi, hast du eine Antwort bekommen, weil ich habe das kleiche Problem? danke karl

13. creat327

creat327

anyone tried it already with unity 2019.3 terrain holes?

14. creat327

creat327

Ok, I've just tried this on 2019.3 which includes terrain holes by default. I bought the asset because on the description it says that even if unity includes terrain holes, this tool would be useful...
    well, let's see. because this asset scripts won't even compile on 2019.3. But fails badly. So far it's a waste of money if you plan to integrate it with future unity.

15. docsavage

docsavage

2019.3 is still alpha. I know a few of the asset store devs who make terrain tools and they said the changes unity made to terrain in 2019.1 + have broken lots of their packs and they are playing catch up. Some of them have had to rewrite code enough times for them to decide to just sit back and wait until everything has settled down. It was bound to happen one day as unity needed to update the terrain system. I tried playing with unity betas in the past and it's nice to see the new features but loads of my assets don't work until the final release version so don't bother anymore.

Edit - If it doesn't work in 2019.1 then that's different

16. mik52

mik52

I'm having the same problem as buffyespadon3, can you tell me how to use digger raycast?

17. Amandin-E

Amandin-E

Hi,
    Please, for support, use Discord. I don't come here often.

About IK and collision issues, I suspect this is due to the fact it's using Raycast to detect ground. If this is the case, you should read the documentation that explains what to do (basically, replace Physics.Raycast by DiggerPhysics.Raycast).
    Documentation is available here: https://ofux.github.io/Digger-Documentation/

Digger does not work properly with Unity 2019.3 yet as it is still in alpha. However, Digger should be ready to work with Unity 2019.3 before it is released.
    And yes, I can confirm Digger will be a perfect tool to use with Unity 2019.3.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  18. Amandin-E

Amandin-E

Hi there,
    Digger 1.7 is now available. Digger PRO is still pending for review and should be released soon.
    I hope you'll enjoy!

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  19. Amandin-E

Amandin-E

20. Alex3333

Alex3333

Does your asset support RTP? (Relief Terrain Pack)

21. Alex3333

Alex3333

??????77

22. KeithBrown

KeithBrown

Mark_01 likes this.
  23. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

24. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

I'm sure it will go on sale, just not for $1. ;)

25. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I only recently bought the first one so I wasn't too eager to pay a big upgrade fee right away seeing as I haven't even used it yet. :D

awesomedata and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  26. LandPlanOS

LandPlanOS

Hi there,

has digger a problem with custom material on the terrain?

thx stefan