Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Solved] DiffMerge is just blank?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Avalin, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Avalin

Avalin

After I updated Unity to 2020, the Unity Collab has changed drastically since 2019, the last time I opened Unity and used the Diffmerge tool, the icon resembled an eye. Now that it resembles a scale, it opens DiffMerge but all I see is a blank box. I primarily check .cs files, but I tried with all file-types and its the same result

Anyone knows what the culprit could be?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Avalin, Unity Collaborate has a new UI for v1.3, used in 2020.1 and onward of Unity. We have changed the diff button to a scale icon and apologize for the confusion.

I'm currently having issues opening diff tools on my machine, but I also recently experienced a bug that uninstalled all of my Mac's apps by mistake. :p Could you tell me which OS you're running on?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  3. Avalin

Avalin

No worries at all, I like the new layout - just hoped it could maybe shed some light why this issue occurs for me ^^

Here is all my device information:

This is what happens when I press the scale:

* I also tested this on my desktop PC where I have the same issue, it is also running Windows 10 Pro

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

That's very bizarre. I tried reproducing this on my Windows 10 machine after freshly installing the 64 bit version of DiffMerge, but I was able to open the diff tool and have it show the differences like expected.

Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling DiffMerge for me and see if that resolves your issue? If that doesn't resolve the issue then could you try installing WinMerge to see if you can use that tool instead? You should also open a support ticket with us, if you still can't get DiffMerge working, so that we can investigate it further. You can do that by doing the following:

1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard.
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu.
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form.

5. Avalin

Avalin

Oh I forgot to update, I found the culprit!

I somehow managed to, on both my machines, not to have the correct exe for sourcegear set in Preferences. Instead of being noted as "Sourcegear DiffMerge" they were noted as "Custom Tools", and since the tool actually opened (though blank) it didn't occur to me that it was in here I messed up. It works fine now!