Search Unity

Question Difficulty navigating scene view with scroll wheel in LTS releases

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hunternance93, Dec 2, 2022.

1. hunternance93

hunternance93

Hello,

My project was made on 2020.2.7f1. In this version of editor, in the scene view I can navigate around with the mouse scrollwheel in a way that is very similar to using the up and down arrow keys and allows for quick and precise movement around the scene.. it was instrumental in allowing me to efficiently work on my project.

At one point, we decided to upgrade to the LTS version 2020.3.31f1... however, for some reason I could not navigate like this anymore. Quickly while scrolling up your speed of movement will slow and slow until it reaches an absolute halt.. then if you scroll a ridiculous amount you like get through it and can scroll again until it starts once more. I spent a good bit of time trying to figure out why this is or what could fix it and never figured it out. Some suggestions were to select an object and hit 'F', which had solved this issue the one time I had seen it before in the past in 2020.2.7f1, but it didn't help here.. so I gave up and completed the project on the old version.

Now, in order to be able to use an asset that needs Unity 2021, I've been testing out 2021.3.15f1 LTS... and the same problem is here. For the way I have grown used to navigating the scene view, this makes working in it nearly unusable for me. Is there any sort of setting I am missing to turn off *whatever* this change is, or any way to mitigate this?

Thanks