Search Unity

different XR rigs in editor and beyond

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by pabuty, Apr 26, 2022.

1. pabuty

pabuty

Hi,
    I converted my main camera into XR rig in a new project but it turned out very different from the last times I ha done it. Screenshots of the hierarchy list are attached. The top one shows the typical rig that I made until today. It worked fine both in editor and game. But the bottom one is the new one. It doesn't work (only has left footage, despite dividing the screen in two). I have no idea what I did that the new one turned like this. Does anyone know?

Thank you.

rigs.png

Notes: both projects are made in 2020.3.33f1, with HDRP settings and for MockHMD. Names of the objects are not changed.

2. lalefi

lalefi

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  3. Emmal21

Emmal21

XR (Extended Reality) rigs refer to the hardware setups used for creating and experiencing virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and mixed reality (MR) content. Here are some different XR rigs commonly used in the industry, both in the editor and beyond:
    VR Headsets with Controllers: VR headsets, such as the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, or Valve Index, are equipped with motion-tracked controllers. These rigs allow users to fully immerse themselves in virtual environments and interact with objects and elements using the controllers

4. oilumiun12

oilumiun12

I'm not sure. Looks like I'm in the same situation as you

Fnaf