Search Unity

Different scores with different objects in collider triggers.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Silveralby, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Silveralby

Silveralby

Hi I found a script on the net to apply a score when an object is hit. Is it possible in the same script to give different scores to different objects hit? Thank you

2. f2pallglory

f2pallglory

Of course it is possible, just give the object a tag or something then make an if(collision.gameObject.tag == "objectScore1"){
    score ++;
    }

3. Silveralby

Silveralby

Hi f2pallglory thanks for the reply. I think I made a mistake in transcribing the command because in this way assigns 6 points by striking the object "Anello" while with the object "Anello2" nothing happens. Anello2 has the tick "is trigger".

void OnTriggerEnter(Collider collision)
    {
    //Check the provided Collider parameter other to see if it is tagged "PickUp", if it is...

if (collision.gameObject.tag == "Anello"){

count ++;
    }
    //... then set the other object we just collided with to inactive.

collision.gameObject.SetActive(false);

//Add one to the current value of our count variable.
    count = count + 1;

//Update the currently displayed count by calling the SetCountText function.
    SetCountText();

gameObject.GetComponent<AudioSource>().Play();

if (collision.gameObject.tag == "Anello2") {

count++;
    }

//Add one to the current value of our count variable.
    count = count + 5;

//Update the currently displayed count by calling the SetCountText function.
    SetCountText();

}

count = count + 5;

}

4. Silveralby

Silveralby

Does anyone know how I can solve?

5. f2pallglory

f2pallglory

im sorry it is a little hard to understand your code please use code tag whenever you post a code

and based on your code the count variable will always increased by 6 when the object collide, and there is no difference between colliding with object tagged anello and anello2 since both will just increase the count by 1

if what you want is when collided with anello it increase score by1 and anello2 increase score by 5 then, you need to delete count = count +1 since its already with count++ inside if, and change count++ in if anello2 to count+=5 then delete the count = count+5

you are using onTriggerEnter so it should work with anello2 with isTrigger on, and need a little more detail on your project to solve this.[/code]

6. Silveralby

Silveralby

Hi thank's for reply. So there was a repetition that created problems. I correctly place the script I edited but it makes me error in SetCountText (); It is probable that I am wrong to insert a few brackets.
    According to you this script is mandatory to insert it in the object or better to create a empty object in the scene, call it "ScoreManager" and insert it inside?

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using UnityEngine.UI;
    4. using UnityEngine.SceneManagement;
    6. public class ScoreManager : MonoBehaviour
    7. {
    10.     public Text PuntiText;          //Store a reference to the UI Text component which will display the number of pickups collected.
    13.     private int count;              //Integer to store the number of pickups collected so far.
    15.     // Use this for initialization
    16.     void Start()
    17.     {
    19.         //Initialize count to zero.
    20.         count = 0;
    22.         //Call our SetCountText function which will update the text with the current value for count.
    23.         SetCountText();
    26.     }
    28.     //OnTriggerEnter is called whenever this object overlaps with a trigger collider.
    29.     void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other)
    30.     {
    31.         //Check the provided Collider parameter other to see if it is tagged "PickUp", if it is...
    32.         if (other.gameObject.CompareTag("Anello"))
    34.             //... then set the other object we just collided with to inactive.
    35.             other.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    37.         //Add one to the current value of our count variable.
    38.         count++;
    40.         //Update the currently displayed count by calling the SetCountText function.
    41.         SetCountText();
    43.         GetComponent<AudioSource>().Play();
    45.         {
    46.             if (other.gameObject.CompareTag("Anello2"))
    48.                 //... then set the other object we just collided with to inactive.
    49.                 other.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    51.             //Add one to the current value of our count variable.
    52.          count+=5;
    54.             //Update the currently displayed count by calling the SetCountText function.
    55.          SetCountText();
    57.           GetComponent<AudioSource>().Play();
    59.         }
    61.             //This function updates the text displaying the number of objects we've collected and displays our victory        message if we've collected all of them.
    62.             void SetCountText()
    63.             {
    64.                 //Set the text property of our our countText object to "Count: " followed by the number stored in our count variable.
    65.                 PuntiText.text = "Punti: " + count.ToString();
    67.                 //Check if we've collected all 12 pickups. If we have...
    68.                 if (count >= 20)
    70.                     SceneManager.LoadScene("HaiVinto");
    73.             }
    74.         }
    76.     }

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  7. Silveralby

Silveralby

Anyone willing to tell me where I was wrong? thank you.

8. Silveralby

Silveralby

I try again you can make a single script and enter it as a game manager to get different scores by hitting different objects or you need to apply the same script to each object by changing the score?