Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Different scales on on different computers, on a screen space - camera canvas

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by SassyPantsy, Jan 16, 2024.

1. SassyPantsy

SassyPantsy

Hi all,
    I'm trying to render 3D object inside a screen space canvas. I'm doing so based on Tarodev's tutorial which I'll link at the end. It all works fine, except on some built players.
    Basically, the 3D object would look in adequate size in the editor & on my built player, but on others' machines, scaling would be off, in the same difference (currently around 10x smaller). My canvas is set up to scale with screen size, match width or height which is set to 0, and a reference resolution of 1080p.
    In my player settings, FS mode is set to fullscreen, default resolution is 1920/1080p, and allowed aspect ratio is 16:9 (although that last setting does not matter).
    I've first noticed this issue on a macbook, which looked significantly larger, but shrugged it off as some MacOS related difference. Then I noticed the same bug on a windows machine, and then on my laptop. I changed the scale of the object and thought that did it, but then all of my users reported an issue seeing some 3D models 10X smaller.
    Basically, 2 of my computers, and a macbook, render the same object with the same scale X times larger, than other computers.
    Does anybody have any idea on what's causing this?

Tarodev's tutorial ->