Search Unity

Different rigs for the player or Multiple sprite sheets.

Discussion in '2D' started by Andrajoso, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Andrajoso

Andrajoso

Hello everyone,

First of all I’m a begginer here, but that’s been nothing but an incentive for me to try to solve issues by my own, so I guess the problem is a lack of base. Straight to the point:

Days ago I started my first 2D project with vocation of become into an Horizontal Scroll RPG game. I made the characters designs using layers and set everything to begin but I found, in each approach to animation, various problems I couldn’t solve only googleing.

· Animating with bones: Not my predilect choice. Quite simple; due to the artistic concept behind the project, I drew and animated differents models for Iddle and Run. That means I have two visible gameObjects in the same space, with their respective bones, and childs of an empty one that acts like “Player”. The question is if it’s so possible as recommendable using scripts to disable each model when its animations aren’t in use.

· Animating with sprites sequences: I prefer the look of this one so far. The problem here is that a basic model has over 14 layers that I cannot fuse into a single PNG image because of futurible wearable stuff (bassicly its naked and unarmed). I figured out using an sprite sheet for each layer could speed up the proccess, but I wonder if there's any way to load the model without sorting and reassembling its layers that's not trough PSD Importer, or just a more efficient way that I simply don't know yet.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.