Search Unity

Different results under Mac and Windows

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Neterea Studios, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Neterea Studios

Neterea Studios

Hi!

I'm testing the new GUI in the two machines I use to develop. One is a windows machine with Windows 8.1 and the other one is a Mac with Mavericks.

I'm doing just a test of Canvas in World Space and I'm getting different render results under these two machines. Besides the Canvas, an Image is used.

As you can see in the screenshoots same values are used for the position, pivot and anchors (Sorry, forgot to show the values 0.5), but the image is displayed in different position. The project is stored in a repository and both editors are opening the same revision.

Edited: Noticed now that the handlers point in different direction. The father object (the canvas) has a rotation x: -90, y: -180, z: 0. Even thought, it doesn't justify all the behavior of the image.
    Edited 2: This was Pivot/Global configuration as pointed by Eric5h5

Using Unity 4.6.0b20

Hope this helps if this is a bug.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You have the pivot set to Pivot/Global on Windows, but Center/Local on Mac.

--Eric

3. Neterea Studios

Neterea Studios

Hi Eric,

That's true, sorry for that. I mixed things after too many test. I will edit the post to remove the handlers difference. I attach a new image to show that this is not affecting the results and the Image is still wrong.

This time I remembered to unfold the anchors values.

4. runevision

runevision

Do you only see this difference on Windows if DirectX 9 is used? (see player settings).

If it goes away when switching to Direct X 11, then it's a known bug that we've fixed. (The fix will be in a later beta.)

If it happens regardless of Direct X version used, then please file a bug and include repro project and repro steps. Thanks!

5. Neterea Studios

Neterea Studios

Hi runevision,

Yes, you are right. If I set "use DirectX 11" in the player options it displays in the same way that under MacOSX.

I will ensure this is working in the next beta.

Thanks!

6. Numa

Numa

Sorry for digging out this old boy. Is this bug still happening? I'm using Unity 2018.2.2f1.

I'm creating a new Rect(x, y, width, height) where x and y are a Panel's x and y position. The panel has its pivot at 0,0 (bottom left).
    On mac, my rect matches the panel's position. on PC, it looks like the rect's origin is in the TOP left corner (as seen in the doc).

I had to do this to get around it:

Code (CSharp):
    1. // On PC the rect's origin is in the top left corner, on Mac it's in the bottom left corner?
    2.         #if !UNITY_IOS || !UNITY_EDITOR_OSX
    3.             captureOriginY = Screen.height - captureOriginY - capturedZoneHeight;
    4.         #endif
    5.         var rect = new Rect(captureOriginX, captureOriginY, capturedZoneWidth, capturedZoneHeight);
    Is that expected?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018