Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Different results on Mac and PC

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mkolb, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mkolb

mkolb

Hi all,

I attached a WeatherSystem package, which includes a Skydome and a ground fog shader as well as a sun shader regarding the daytime.

Although I coded the shader in CG it yields different results on Mac and PC, although they should be the same (the both machines I tried support up to shader model 3, one being a Geforce 7900GS and the other is a Radeon HD2600 on an iMac).

Although the sky on the mac version is also not fully correct, the one on the PC version is even more incorrect.

I just want to know why there are different results, and how I can get the same results on Mac and PC.

Maybe you have to assign some variables again due to the package export, I don't have much experience concerning Unity package export.

Thank you in advance!

Regards

[Posted a Bug Report about that]

Attached Files:

2. mkolb

mkolb

3. mia

mia

i've got a very similar problem, try this: build a standalone for MAC and one for PC then launch the PC standalone using the force opengl command line argument: MyGame.exe -force-opengl

now do they appear the same? for me thats the only way to get a consistent look between both platforms though i do lose the ability to run my game in a browser

4. mkolb

mkolb

Hi,

thank you very much for answering.

Yes, this did resolve the issue, however, that must be an error with the DirectX renderer, then.

I will report that to OTEE.

Best regards,
    Martin