Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Different machines, different releases available

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by jorrit-de-vries, Jul 2, 2018.

1. jorrit-de-vries

jorrit-de-vries

Hi,

The hub is really useful tool for managing installs of Unity, so I am thankful. I encountered an issue though, and that is that on different machines I am offered different versions. For instance I have listed 2017.4.5f1 as the LTS version available, but a colleque of mine has 2017.4.4 as the LTS version available. With beta releases I see the same (b9 on my laptop, b10 on my desktop). I would expect that every Hub application lists the same versions of releases available through the Hub.

Best,
    Jorrit

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi Jorrit,

Thank you for your response.
    The list of the editors will be downloaded by the hub from the cloud and will be cached for offline machines.
    If the internet (or the endpoint) is not available, the hub is falling back on a default list which may not be up to date.

That said, the difference that you see is not because of your machine. However, some users report a bug that the list is not getting updated which we are investigating.

I suggest making sure you are connected to the internet, and restart your hub (quit from tray menu and open again) and see if the problem resolves. If you have already done that and still you have the issue, I would be more than happy to take a look at your log files. Please send me a direct message.

Logs are here:
    Windows: %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\UnityHub\logs
    Mac: ~/Library/Application support/UnityHub/logs

Best,
    Afshin