Search Unity

Bug Different Group Composer behavior in "Debug Mode" vs. "Release Mode" on macOS

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by mons00n, May 31, 2022.

1. mons00n

mons00n

I am encountering an issue where group composer acts differently depending on if script debugging is enabled. When script debugging is enabled everything works as expected, but when script debugging is disabled the camera moves to the target group's position so that it is in the same position that it is trying to look at. This only seems to be impacting macOS as this problem is not present on Windows (neither editor or builds with script debugging disabled).

Attached is a small repro project to illustrate the problem. Load this up on macOS with Unity 2021.3 and toggle between Debug Mode and Release Mode (bottom right) and then hit. Notice that the camera position is different depending on which mode is selected. I am submitting a bug but wanted to report it here as well for visibility.

Attached Files:

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

I tested on mac with Unity 2021.3.3f1, and the values are identical in both modes.

mons00n likes this.
  3. mons00n

mons00n

Hi @gaborkb thanks for taking a look! Did you happen to use an intel or an apple silicon mac? I just booted up my intel mac and interestingly enough the problem does not exist there. This only appears to be impacting apple silicon builds running through rosetta. Here is a quick video of what the issue looks like on my end (watch the camera position relative to the cube).

Note that the video is using Unity 2021.3.2f1 (intel) - but I have also tried 2021.3.3f1 (intel) and the problem persists. With Unity 2021.3.3f1 (apple) however, the problem seems to not be present. Unfortunately, there are still a few rendering bugs (which have been submitted) that are preventing me from moving my project to the native apple silicon builds so I could really use a fix/workaround for rosetta.

4. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

I am on intel, I don't think it is related. :confused:

5. mons00n

mons00n

Hrm, what do you mean you don't think it's related? I can reliably reproduce this on my apple silicon mac on both built clients and in the editor as long as they are running through rosetta. My client's are also experiencing this issue on their apple silicon macs so I know it's not just my mac.

gaborkb likes this.
  6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

@mons00n what is the id of the bug you submitted?

mons00n likes this.
  7. mons00n

mons00n

IN-4707

Gregoryl likes this.
  8. mons00n

mons00n

Any luck reproducing this one?