Search Unity

Question Different Builds on different PCs

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SSL7, Aug 9, 2020.

1. SSL7

SSL7

I have a Desktop PC and a Laptop, I keep Assets and Project Settings in Sync and I work from both systems equally, my issue is that every time I create a build from a different system that the previous build it has changes when uploading to Steam (scans for changes and only uploads the differences).

So the weird thing is that if I make a build from my Desktop, and upload it to Steam, and then copy the whole project to my laptop (tried it for debugging purposes to eliminate the posibility of Sync not working correctly) and make a build without any changes, Steam will catch differences in the likes of 50-100mb, while if I build again from my PC, it will have differences of 10kb or so (since no changes made).

I have the same Visual Studio 2017 in both systems. Any help appreciated

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

How are you keeping your project in sync between the two computers?
    Are the computers using the same operating system?
    Have you inspected the build result to see what's different? (Diff tools could be helpful here)

3. SSL7

SSL7

Resilio Sync in Assets and ProjectSettings is how I keep the project in sync, but as I said is irrelevant since on my tests I used an exact copy of Desktop to Laptop to make the build (no Sync involved).

Both have windows 10 pro, so yes.

Hmmm will check will find a diff tool then, thats a good idea :) If you have any tested one let me know