Search Unity

Bug Difference Tracked Pose Driver and Tracked Pose Driver (Input System) - tracking lag

Discussion in 'AR' started by Cery_, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Cery_

Cery_

I have been stuck on the problem that I had a ~1 Frame delay between tracking and display. My objects where lagging behind the camera movement which was especially noticeable on 30fps.

What seemed to be the problem was the Tracked Pose Driver.
    There are two drivers. The "Tracked Pose Driver" and the "Tracked Pose Driver (Input System)"
    The "Tracked Pose Driver" is from the Legacy Input system in my case from com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers@2.1.10.
    The "Tracked Pose Driver (Input System)" is from the newer Package, in my case com.unity.inputsystem@1.4.4.
    I am running ARFoundation 5.0.3.

During migration and changes during the times i must have updated the tracked pose driver. I thought the new one is the right one to use. Turns out it produced the frame delay. Maybe I had a flawed configuration?
    With the old one it works perfectly.

What is the intended way to setup the tracking?

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

3. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

4. Cery_

Cery_

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  5. IgnatiusDeveloper

IgnatiusDeveloper

I have exactly the same problem developing for Android.
    Unity 2021.3.23f1
    ARFoundation 5.1.0-pre.4
    Input System 1.5.1
    With the 'Tracked Pose Driver', object tracking in the scene works perfectly, but with the 'Tracked Pose Driver (Input System)', there is a lag between the representation of the gameobjects and the background.

6. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies