Search Unity

Question Difference between VR HMD View and Monitor Display View - Mirror View Mode causing issue?

Discussion in 'VR' started by n_saikiran, Oct 20, 2022.

1. n_saikiran

n_saikiran

Hi, in my VR project, I have been experiencing this issue.
    I had made a gameobject as a child to the CameraEye gameobject.

In the headset, the display view is as desired

VR_HmdCamera_View.png

But on the monitor, the display seems to be like mirror display of only right eye

GameTab_HmdCamera_TargetEye_As_Both.png

I am looking to achieve the same display on the Monitor as of the view in the headset.
    I had tried changing the "Mirror View Mode" in OpenVR settings of XR Plugin Management.
    It didn't work.

When I set the "Target Eye" on CameraEye gameobject as "None(MainDisplay)", I am getting the desired view on Monitor but in the VR Headset, there is no display. So this option cannot be used.

GameTab_HmdCamera_TargetEye_As_None(MainDisplay).png

Am I missing anything here?
    Can you help me out here?

Unity Version : 2020.3.31f1
    Experienced this issue in UnityEditor as well as Standalone build.

2. Loup

Loup

Hi have you resolved this issue ? I'm experiencing the same problem

3. Loup

Loup

Hi thanks for your answer, but in my case I would like to have a full squared view of what's being seen in the HMD while the user is interacting in VR (for a demo that needs an external display and virtual reality rendering).
    Do you know which parameter could allow this ?
    Thanks for your help

4. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

In order to avoid rendering the scene a third time, we blit one of the already rendered eye textures to the monitor. You can modify this behavior with https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/XR.XRSettings-gameViewRenderMode.html

One eye does not encompass the full FOV, if you want that you'll have to re-render the whole scene with a wider FOV which will be more expensive. You can do this by setting the gameViewRenderMode to none and then adding another camera to your scene that targets the main display and tweak the FOV as necessary. (note that this might not work with URP, you may need to do some pipeline modifications there).

5. Xtankin

Xtankin

come across same problem, the monitor only show single eye sight, which is left or right eye.