Search Unity

[Die&Retry] Floppy!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by 2Pix, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 2Pix

2Pix

Hi everybody !
    We are a little team of 3 persons named "2pix".
    We are working on a Die&Retry game named "Floppy!" and we would like to have some feedback about it.
    The game will contain more than 60 levels separate in 5 worlds.
    Thank you for your attention.

2Pix

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

There's an invisible like button and I just pressed it.

3. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Looks great, reminds me of Donkey Kong. Is this coming to Iphone/Android?

4. 2Pix

2Pix

Thank you for your answers, the game is not planned for iphone/android in because of the controls, we think it will be too difficult to play with tactil controls, so we develop it only for pc users and we'll try to submit it on steam platform.

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

That is your commercial suicide though. I urge you to consider how to implement robust mobile controls. The strength of unity is that you're able to deploy to multiple platforms.

6. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Everything about screams winner to me.

7. Steffan-Poulsen

Steffan-Poulsen

This looks fantastic! The main character reminds me a lot of Gir from Invader Zim (when wearing dog-suit) :)

Best of luck with the development and release!

(ps. would love to see some video of this game in action, I hope you release a trailer soon).

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  8. Train

Train

Nice screens, can you post a ingame video?

9. pixellegolas

pixellegolas

Yeah, was gonna say it looks like him to. When more people thinks it looks like a certain character you should be careful :) But lovely in all ways anyway

10. Trackpants

Trackpants

Looks like it plays like Super Meat Boy and if it does, I'd buy it

11. Ocid

Ocid

Hippo how is it commercial suicide not to release on mobile? I agree about being able to deploy to multiple platforms and that he should consider mac aswell.

If it plays like it looks(Super Meat Boy) I just don't think that would work well on mobile. Even Team Meat have said that their SMB version for iOS is going to play nothing like like the PC/360 version.

Maybe its just my love for hardcore platformers that clouds my judgement and thinks compromises would need to be made. I've played the League of Evil games which although being damn fine games just lacked that precision you get with a D-Pad.

12. EricTheCoolDude

EricTheCoolDude

How is that "commercial suicide"? A polished game like this could sell fairly well on Steam.

13. pixellegolas

pixellegolas

Platformers on for example iphone are quite hard to play but one game that works quite good for me at least is "pizzaboy". With small discrete buttons or in your example hidden buttons it would work. Why not put it everywhere :)

14. music-composer

music-composer

Looks good and sure to be a hit.

15. 2Pix

2Pix

Thank you, I'm happy to see that you like the graphiques, i will post an ingame video in few weeks to give you a better idea about the game and effectively the game is inspired by Super Meat Boy.
    I'm surprised by the similarity between the character of our game and the main character of Invader zim, I had never saw him before.