Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Did I break the HDRP Lit shader? Way too many settings..

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by DrMeatball, Aug 2, 2022.

1. DrMeatball

DrMeatball

Not sure what I did but somehow I now have dozens of additional adjustable settings to the standard HDRP Lit shader. You can see from the scroll bar how many additional settings there are. How do I revert? I've been converting a ton (hundreds of GBs) of non-HDRP assets to HDRP without issue.. did I import something broken?

No crashes, no major warnings or errors in the console.. suddenly I've just got all these extra options and I'm now at a complete standstill.

2021.3.7f1 HDRP

BrokenLit.png

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  2. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

From what I can guess, the custom inspector for the HDRP/Lit shader did not kick in, resulting in the default shader inspector with all hidden properties visible :/

Do you maybe have a compilation error in the project preventing it to load ?

DrMeatball likes this.
  3. DrMeatball

DrMeatball

TY! Fixed!

Didn't have any safemode/compilation errors (*edit* or at least, errors that pertained to the Mats.. but my console-fu isn't strong yet) if that's what you mean (apologies, im definitely nub), but I did some experimenting and found that the above Lit error? was limited to just a few materials from one asset pack. Recreated the materials from scratch - rather than try to just change to Lit - applied the new mats and I'm back in solid working order again.

As an experiment I reimported the package to a new project, it was fine. Deleted the packaged from my existing project and reimported, 'errored' again, so there's definitely something wonky I'll delve into deeper.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...ban/module-based-city-pack-154302#description

Tree01Bark.mat and Tree01Leaves.mat were the main culprits.

I was tired heh, just wasn't in the brain mode to troubleshoot. Thanks :D