Search Unity

Did anyone validate a SSL certificate within Unity proberly?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by zlSimon, Jun 23, 2016.

1. zlSimon

zlSimon

Hi,

I am trying to validate a SSL certificate within Unity but I am failing again and again. I know that some people are "validating" the certificate the way that they set the ServerCertificateValidationCallback to a callback which just returns true but I want to do a Chain-of-trust-verification, Hostname verification and CRL verification which the Mono framework is capable of.

When I try a simple request with the following Verification Callback:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ServicePointManager.ServerCertificateValidationCallback = MyValidationCallback;
    3. public bool MyValidationCallback( System.Object sender, System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate certificate, X509Chain chain, SslPolicyErrors sslPolicyErrors )
    4.     {
    5.         bool isOk = true;
    7.         if (sslPolicyErrors != SslPolicyErrors.None)
    8.         {
    9.             for(int i=0; i<chain.ChainStatus.Length; i++)
    10.             {
    11.                 if(chain.ChainStatus[i].Status != X509ChainStatusFlags.RevocationStatusUnknown)
    12.                 {
    13.                     chain.ChainPolicy.RevocationFlag = X509RevocationFlag.EntireChain;
    14.                     chain.ChainPolicy.RevocationMode = X509RevocationMode.Online;
    15.                     chain.ChainPolicy.UrlRetrievalTimeout = new TimeSpan(0, 1, 0);
    16.                     chain.ChainPolicy.VerificationFlags = X509VerificationFlags.AllFlags;
    17.                     bool chainIsValid = chain.Build((X509Certificate2)certificate);
    18.                     if(!chainIsValid) {
    19.                         isOk = false;
    20.                     }
    21.                 }
    22.             }
    23.         }
    25.         return isOk;
    26.     }
    However in most cases the sslPolicyError is not SslPolicyError.None but the chain is valid when I build it. This for example happens with "https://www.google.com" where I get a RemoteCertificateNameMismatch.

I also do not understand where the mono version gets the certificates from since I did not import any in the mono trust store at first.