Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dictation Recognizer not stopping

Discussion in 'Windows Mixed Reality' started by hdin898, Mar 11, 2018.

1. hdin898

hdin898

Hello

My dictationRecognizer.stop() does not seem to be working, the dictationRecognizer.Status before I call stop() is 1 which is "running" but after I call it it's still 1 and I don't see any errors. This is preventing me from starting my keyword recognizer I think, as when I try to start keyword recognizer or PhraseRecognitionSystem.Restart() it goes into an exception. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this or have a way to work around this?

I have tried unsubscribing the events for dictationRecognizer before I stop it but it doesn't seem to help. I have also tried calling dictationRecognizer.dispose() but that produces and exception too.

I'm using I2CPP if that matters in any way.

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

What version of the editor are you working in?

3. hdin898

hdin898

Hi sorry for the delay

My unity editorversion is unity 2017.2.0f3

Thanks for the reply

4. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Hey @hdin898 go ahead and file a bug for us. I think I was able to reproduce the issue but I'd like to check out your project too so my sample size is more than 1.

Please submit your bug in a repro project and paste to me the bug number here in a reply or PM. I will check it out and pass it to our developers if it checks out.

In the meantime you can try using PhraseRecognitionSystem.Shutdown(); I think that might stop the recognizer.