Search Unity

Dialogue Tree with Score/Lives

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by subramh, Oct 1, 2019.

1. subramh

subramh

Hello,
    I'm tried using a couple of dialogue tree assets for my game. They work fine. However when the final choice is made, I want a score/lives count on my Canvas UI to update. The assets that I tried were simple and did not allow me to update any sort of UI element like my score. Does anyone know of a dialogue tree asset that would accomplish this for me? Or do I have to code this functionality by myself?
    Thanks in advance for your help

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

What assets did you use? All you're doing is setting a single variable, and anything should be able to do that.

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Dialogue System for Unity can do this without any scripting. Please feel free to try the evaluation version. Many games and educational systems define a "quest" in the Dialogue System since they can automatically show text in a Canvas UI. For example, set the quest's Description field to "Score: [var=score]" and set the variable "score" in the dialogue tree. If you have any questions about setting it up, please let me know on the Dialogue System's forum thread.

Anaxis_Studio likes this.
  4. subramh

subramh

I have tried using EasyDialogue and VIDE Dialogues. While EasyDialogue is simple and works well, there doesn't seem a way to accomplish what I am trying to do. As for VIDE Dialogues, it involves coding at a level that I am not well versed at.

5. subramh

subramh

Thank you Tony. I will try your evaluation version out.

TonyLi likes this.