Search Unity

Dialogue Scrips for Game?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mikuhagane13, Mar 13, 2018.

1. mikuhagane13

mikuhagane13

Hi! So I am making a game and I wish to add dialogue. It will only be dialogue, not where the player makes a choice in response.

I know enough C++ to make something like this that would run in a Mac terminal, or just when compiling and running a program.

However, I was wondering how I would get this into the game, and what program to write it with. I have some coding software on my Macbook Pro. Should I use the script editor that comes with Unity to make them? Or is it best to use another program and then transfer the script into the game?

If it is the second, what programs would you recomend that are C++ and available on Mac for free or low cost? And how would I compile it in a script that would work in Unity? (A link to a guide/tutorial is fine.)

2. mikuhagane13

mikuhagane13

Or, is there a base/template script to download that basically just lets you fill in the dialogue? Like it will have all code except in the place to put the dialogue and you just enter it?

3. orb

orb

Fungus can probably be used for what you want (aren't they monologues when they're one-sided?), and it's just a Unity editor extension. It's free on the asset store.

4. Homicide

Homicide

I recently just implemented game dialog / monolog into my game rather easily with a custom ui window and triggers.

5. mikuhagane13

mikuhagane13

Yes...if one person is talking. The player's character would respond to another character, but it would be a fixed response. Not a choice response.