Search Unity

Diablo at his best

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rya, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rya

Rya

Just a few quotes from our friendly user Diablo, and trust me there is more....a lot more.

Example 1:
    "Yes, seriously. Unity is a sophisticated 3D engine for people who already have a firm understanding of at least basic programming concepts and constructs, not a toy for some random person to download and think they can make a game. You need to take some time off your schedule and do some studying."

Example 2:
    "The error on that line is pretty obvious if you have some basic scripting knowledge; i suggest hitting some introduction to programming books or you will run into thousands of similar problems."

Example 3:
    "You need to learn basic scripting first."

Example 4:
    "The questions you're asking aren't Unity questions, they're basic programming questions, so the Hack and Slash tutorials aren't going to do you any good. You need to buy a programming book or find a c# course online and devote a few months to studying basic programming because knowing how to program is a pre-requisite to Unity."

Example 5:
    "What is really happening is that someone is way over their head and refuses to take the time necessary to learn basic programming which is a prerequisite to using Unity."

Example 6:
    "You need to learn programming; please learn basic programming first, then you will understand why you are having these issues."

Example 7:
    "And what we're saying is, if you can't be bothered to spend several weeks or months to learn programming and some basic game development concepts *before* posting, then we would like to weed your posts from the forums."

Example 8:
    "You need to learn basic scripting like I said in another post."

Example 9:
    "Sorry but you need to take my advice and learn basic scripting; I've given you a great link and info on getting started with basic scripting in another post, but you choose not to."

2. virror

virror

Well, its often true.
    Most ppl think they can just download Unity and start making games. A good programming knowledge is fundamental to be able to finish a decent game.
    How you get that knowledge is a different story.

3. Rya

Rya

I understand, I just thought the repetition was quite funny.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

OK, starting topics about other forum members is really not a good idea.

--Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.