Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DEXSOFT-Games: Medieval Village 3. model pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by dexsoft-games, Mar 7, 2011.

1. dexsoft-games

dexsoft-games

Dear Friends,
    We just published new amazing pack for you: Medieval Village 3. pack

This pack contains 52 models (including all LOD stages), 22 unique models.
    Additional textures for normal, height, spec and opacity maps are included.
    8 houses and 3 of them with interiors (even 2 floors in a house).
    Most of the models share same textures, which makes this pack very optimised.

First week rebate offer only 19.99€
    instead of 29.99€
    33% rebate

More details on: www.dexsoft-games.com

2. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

Ooooh, looks awesome, very pretty indeed! Dirt cheap too (but I'm sure some people will complain lol).

Nice one!

3. 2dfxman1

2dfxman1

I am quite sure this is a discount, not a rebate

4. dexsoft-games

dexsoft-games

What is difference?

5. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

A Rebate you claim back after paying in full.

A Discount is when the product is offered at a lower price.

*Frank - just a nudge regarding my mail re: Catcus pack ;)

6. dexsoft-games

dexsoft-games

OK thnx for clarifying this, then we will call it discount now because we will not ask money back :)

7. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

Just to clarify - a rebate is when someone buys something at full price and then they get a coupon(electronic or otherwise) to claim for a percentage of the cost back.

8. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

What mail?

9. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

That was to frank @ Dexsoft ;) - not you :)

10. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

lol oh ok *feels unwanted* I see how it is, hehe.

11. duke

duke

Is that an elevated party tent?

12. nikko

nikko

Great Dexsoft, keep making these with the unity demos in the package. Price is good, it will sell.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  13. dexsoft-games

dexsoft-games

It can be some kind of balcony, maybe watch balcony, tower, whatever. I created it like balcony and extracted to be some tent like you said, but it can be market place also

14. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

@dexsoft: which vegetation pack is used on the previews for the medieval village 3? I may buy that alongside with it since they look good together.

15. AnomalusUndrdog

AnomalusUndrdog

@dexsoft: If we buy this, are we allowed to edit this a bit to fit the theme of our game? I would want to change the textures' hue a bit. We won't resell the assets.

16. Demostenes

Demostenes

I bought this pack. There is unitypackage inside, but it is not finished:

Normal maps are not assigned, specular maps not inside. Why? I can do this myself, but I would expect this is already done, because there is no need to have unitypackage, if supplied like this.

House1 is missing texture, or it is not clear, which texture belongs there (material is v3-house1-s1, I put one of stone taxtures there). There is different naming convention for this house, it is against otherwise clean convetion of other meshes, it is making redundant material. Again, why?

Anyway who made final files? Each file (fbx, dae...) contains directional light, camera, render node......I have delete this junk in my 3d modelling package by reexporting without these options. Why? If you offering package, It should be finished with everything (and tested). Previous packages were OK, this was done by somebody else?

edit: same problem in walls and towers package, somebody forget to uncheck that during export.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  17. dexsoft-games

dexsoft-games

I assume that left during export process.

18. Frank_Geppert

Frank_Geppert

Normal maps and spec maps are applied when needed. Many of the textures like stone walls did not look better with specularity. Stones dont reflect light very good, when dry. So I just did not use a spec shader to save rendering ressources. Maybe I also did not apply normal maps in some situations because of that. In some rare cases it looks just better without.

Sometimes we import from FBX and sometimes from DAE. DAE is more reliable in Unity, even big meshes like my complete sci-fi corridor level imports fine then but refuses to do when I use FBX. But Unity also imports some nodes from DAE that are not needed like camera positions or texture locators. This does not happen in FBX. Because of that you might have seen a difference.

But these nodes are ignored and do not get rendered anyway, so I thought it will be no problem.
    But you really dont have to export and change you can also just import FBX. Most of the time this works very good.

19. Demostenes

Demostenes

Well, these camera (and other) nodes are in all formats I was able to read with Unity. Even in fbx. I had to reexport everything from my 3D modelling app without these optional settings. I want to have meshes without this, because nobody see inside Unity code and such setting can cause unpredictable errors, even if rendered correctly.

20. Frank_Geppert

Frank_Geppert

When I made all these demo scenes for recording our videos I never had any problems with additional nodes. Actually I can even delete them within Unity but only after I add a model to the scene.

Unfortunatelly I cannot help any better right now (but maybe in the future). I cannot remove a camera or the last light in my modelling application before exporting. It just tells me that at least one light and one camera is needed. Although I could delete it manually in the DAE files. I will look into this. I could also write a program that automatically removes unneeded tags from the DAE files.

21. Demostenes

Demostenes

You changed application? Other packs were OK, I never seen this in older packs.

22. dexsoft-games

dexsoft-games

Maybe we changed export settings. App is the same like village2

23. dexsoft-games

dexsoft-games

Here is small peak from next pack:

All houses have interiros (up to 3 floors)

24. Demostenes

Demostenes

Nice as usually. I am looking forward to it.