Search Unity

DevLink - Unity Extension

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by chi, Nov 13, 2013.

1. chi

chi

Here´s a sneak peek of a program I'm currently working on...

DevLink enables multi-linking of different file types with (mostly?!) any kind of development tool within the UnityEditor.
    Just double click a file in Unity and, instead of opening it with MonoDevelop (or whatever IDE you set under "External Tools"), choose from your own predefined list of programs. There are also tons of modifications for a fluid work flow with Visual Studio (+ Express), MonoDevelop, ... involved like: 'error line' support for any IDE, instant focus/refocus on the launched program, start scripts from a solution in a single instance of VS only, ...

$devlink_popup.png

$devlink_win.png

Anyone interested? I could need a few beta tester ;)

cheers, chi

2. rsoares

rsoares

just in case, this is a Unity Pro feature, dunno how Unity team will take this if u make the plugin compatible with Unity Free.
    otherwise nice addition ^^

3. chi

chi

DevLink works fine with Unity Free + Pro and is Windows only. It's a tool to use as your "External Script Editor" so you are not limited to a single Editor anymore. Just like a container with all your DevTools in it and it's on you which one to launch for a selected file...

4. Brainswitch

Brainswitch

This does look interesting, I do use several different programs - but I currently use Right click -> "Show In Explorer" -> Right click -> "Open with..." if it's not the one I've set as default in Unity. While it works, this looks like an improvement. I could beta test it for you if you'd like.

Huh? Why would the Unity team have anything against this tool working with Unity Free?

5. taichiu727magnus

taichiu727magnus

i am interested :)

I use both notepad ++ and monedevelop, i think this would be helpful to me

6. 1HpLeft

1HpLeft

Can be very handy, I would love to test it ^^ ( I'm working with visual studio most of the time)
    Will it be on the assets store ( price.?) ?

7. chi

chi

Been there, done that, it sucks ;)

That's what i was going for... But no clue about the price yet (somewhere between $5-$15)