Search Unity

Devices with MALI GPUs are broken... again

Discussion in 'Android' started by mikhail111777, Nov 29, 2015.

1. mikhail111777

mikhail111777

I upgraded one of my 2D games to Unity 5.2.3f1, and all customers with devices running on different MALI GPUs complain about graphics which looks like a series of color boxes.

I noticed that they complain about graphics coming from 2D Toolkit textures compressed to ETC2. I don't know who got such a brilliant idea to change the default compression, but why such a huge change was not thoroughly tested? Wasn't it obvious that such change will not run on lots of Android devices?

By the way, this is not the first time when Devices with MALI GPUs have problems with a new version of Unity. Perhaps you should spend one of my monthly 225$ payments to buy a device with MALI GPU.

ETC2 compression is broken on: Galaxy Note 8.0 with Mali-400MP4; Huawei P8lite with Mali-450MP4; Galaxy Core Prime version with Mali-400MP; etc.

2. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Unity do not test there releases properly on mobile, all I ever get is 1 star review from customers complaining game not work on there Android phones, yet I know it works perfect.. Unity bugs present..They leaving me with Broken 4.6x no sh?*ts given.. Now we start new projects on Unity 5 and see what happens

3. mikhail111777

mikhail111777

After changing all textures to ETC1 I am still getting complaints about "screen with colored rectangles". It looks like it has nothing to do with compression, unless it is still happening somehow. All devices with MALI GPUs affected by the issue.

4. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Reporting a Bug will get this looked at much quicker than posting it in a forum.