Search Unity

device usage

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by jackhearts, Apr 12, 2014.

1. jackhearts

jackhearts

hi all, was just wondering what kind of device usage people are seeing with there games? Things like the ratio of tablets being used versus phones and what device hardware you're seeing (ipad 1, 2, iphone 4, etc)?

Also curious to know which device's you tend to support and which ones you don't. Are there certain devices you just don't bother with and why?

thanks,
    J

2. Agent_007

Agent_007

http://stats.unity3d.com/mobile/device-ios.html

in that top list iPod Touch 4th is the first device you can drop out, by requiring iOS 7. Next devices that can be dropped out with iOS requirements are iPhone 3GS and iPad 1.

I would drop iPhone 3GS and iPad 1 in all cases. 3GS has small resolution and iPad 1 doesn't have enough performance. I would also drop iPod Touch 4th if game requires lots of memory, since that device doesn't really have it.

3. jackhearts

jackhearts

I've been thinking about getting rid of my ipad 1 because of it's irrelevance to games now. It's just been sitting on my shelf gathering dust. Can't update iOS past something like 5.5 and the performance is rubbish. Might have to add an ipad 4 to my collection

thanks for the link by the way, didn't realise Unity had stats.