Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Device simulation problem

Discussion in 'Unity Simulation' started by Leandre5, Feb 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leandre5

Leandre5

Good morning to all,

I started developing a game mainly composed of buttons and text on mobiles.

In order to make the game accessible for any mobile phone I installed the device simulator package.

But I have a problem concerning this last one. Indeed when I am in the game tab no problem, except that when I launch the game the texts are very pixelated. But when I switch to the simulation tool, my texts and buttons become very small.

Could someone help me to solve this problem, thank you in advance.
    Capture d’écran 2021-02-19 225804.png Capture d’écran 2021-02-19 225739.png

2. Petras-Unity

Petras-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, I think I know where the problem lies. Game tab uses actual resolution it occupies, in your case it's something around 400x700, in simulator it simulates resolution of 1080x1920 as seen on the left pane under Screen Settings.

Small UI on higher resolution means that your UI layout does not scale up with resolution size. You can find more information about UI scaling in this how-to: Designing UI for Multiple Resolutions.

3. SmallLion

SmallLion

Hey there!You can't balance both Game Tab and Device Simulator.When you make size into Device Simulator,Game view is not good.It is weird.You have to make size into only Device Simulator's size.It's better to use Device Simulator instead of Game Tab.:)

4. andre-summit

andre-summit

Hi, we are testing Unity v2021.1.10f1 running on Windows. Device Simulator renders the scene but mouse clicks don't work at runtime (in Play Mode). Even on a simple scene with just a Canvas and a Button, it's impossible to interact with it. Everything is fine when switching back to Game view and when installed on device. Not sure if this has something to do with it but the project is using the New Input System v1.0.2. Is this a bug or we are missing something?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

This forum is for the Unity Simulation product, not the Device Simulator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.