Search Unity

Device Remote never connects for HoloLens

Discussion in 'VR' started by Lostlogic, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

I've been running in the simulator (which is less than ideal) because my HoloLens will never connect in remote mode. Any suggestions?

I've tried wifi with the IP and also through USB with 127.0.0.1. Neither works.

2. pfreese

pfreese

Unity Technologies

Make sure your HoloLens has Developer Mode enabled. Can you connect to the Device Portal from a web browser? The latter is not required and has a separate flag to enable, but usually if you can connect to the device portal from a remote machine, you should be able to connect for remoting.

3. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

It is enabled as I can push code to it and run my apps. I just can't use the simulator within Unity3D. I can get to it from the HoloLens App. Do I need to be able to attach to it via the browser?

4. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

BTW, I can connect via the browser as well.

5. pfreese

pfreese

Unity Technologies

When you attempt to connect, does the display in the Remoting app change at all, or does it just show the IP address with no change? Is there anything logged in the Editor console?

6. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

I'm selecting "Connect" from the Holographic window. The console reads:

Disconnected with failure reason Unreachable, attempting to reconnect.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    UnityEditorInternal.VR.HolographicEmulationWindow:Update() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/PerceptionRemoting/HolographicEmulation/HolographicEmulationWindow.cs:381)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

7. pfreese

pfreese

Unity Technologies

Just sanity checking here -- can you confirm that you're running the Remoting App on the device?

8. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Well now that would make sense wouldn't it? Lol...... no... Let me make sure my computer is plugged in to... ;)

9. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Ok, installed now, but same problem. I have the app open on the HoloLens and can see the device in my browser.

10. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Could 2017.1.0f3 be the issue?

11. rsmeenk

rsmeenk

When you run the Holographic Remoting Player on the HoloLens it shows the IP address of your HoloLens. Did you fill that in after "Remote Machine"? Now here's the trick, press enter after you have filled in your IP address and then select "Connect".

12. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Yes. Switching to the latest version fixed the remote problem but crashes now every time and throws a few thousand errors. I had to revert.

13. pfreese

pfreese

Unity Technologies

There is an issue with Holographic Remoting on 2017.2.0f3 that is fixed in 2017.2.0p1.

14. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Good morning,

I'm having the same issue here... after I open the Holographic Remoting (I can see the Hololens IP), I try to connect, but I receive the following error message:

Disconnected with failure reason Unreachable, attempting to reconnect.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    UnityEditorInternal.VR.HolographicEmulationWindow:Update() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/PerceptionRemoting/HolographicEmulation/HolographicEmulationWindow.cs:402)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

I'n working on
    Workstation:
    Windows 10 Pro (version 1709)
    Unity 2018.1.0f2

Hololens:
    OS build 10.0.14393.2248

Can you support me?
    Thank you in advance!

sjansen71298 likes this.