Search Unity

Bug Development builds crash instantly on every platform after updating Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BenjaminHugecalf, Nov 25, 2022.

1. BenjaminHugecalf

BenjaminHugecalf

Hi,

We've recently updated from Unity 2020.3.23f1 to Unity 2021.3.13f1. Our project was imported in that new version, and we've started to notice our builds were instantly crashing while running Development builds.

I've attached the .dmp and the associated Player.log file. This is the stacktrace I'm seeing from that .dmp :

We're having the same issue on every platform including closed platforms.

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated as I don't have the slightest clue about what this could be.

Thanks !

Attached Files:

2. BenjaminHugecalf

BenjaminHugecalf

Updates on this : while trying various other things and checking some stacktraces some more, it looks like this has something to do with some kind of metadata code. However, this is still an issue on Unity 2021.3.14f1 which seems to contain a fix for something very similar (
    ).

Unity 2021.3.8f1, however, does not present this issue. There was a regression somewhere between 3.8f1 and 3.13f1, which I could not repro in an empty project. Since the stack trace is looking like something internal to IL2CPP, this isn't something we can investigate further, and we'll probably just roll back to 2021.3.8f1.

3. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

4. BenjaminHugecalf

BenjaminHugecalf

The error currently went away for now and we're not quite sure why - something might have changed as we were tinkering with a few things linked to builds.
    It's good to know the issue has been identified and that a fix is on its way though, thanks !