Search Unity

"Development Build" watermark and other problems with Win 8.1-10 build

Discussion in 'Windows' started by magg, Oct 29, 2015.

1. magg

magg

Hello.

For some reason, no matter what I do, there's this now infamous "Development Build" watermark in my game. "Development Build" is UNCHECKED in Unity's build settings (never touched it). When I run my build from VS 2015 with "Debug" it's there. When I do that with "Master" selected - it disappears, but then it's back again when I select "Release".

The main problem is that it's still there when I generate packages for Windows Store (noticed it while the certification kit started the app and also when I run my generated package). I would LOVE to know how to get rid of it, please... :|

Also: VS solution generated by Unity contains Data\Gl\MyLevel(s)\ and bunch of folders like 48, 50, e0, fd etc. Unfortunately one of them is named fa (just to be clear those are names generated by Unity NOT me) - VS now thinks that this fa folder is a language folder:
    Resources found for language(s) 'fa' but no resources found for default language(s): 'en-US'.

After uploading for submission I'm now forced to provide Persian/Farsi description. And my Farsi is terribad. :(

Another thing:
    No default or neutral resource given for 'Files/Data/GI/level0/fa4e77b047517087898d4b1d9bdef1a2.ecm'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.

No default or neutral resource given for 'Files/Data/GI/level0/fa4e77b047517087898d4b1d9bdef1a2.iws.sse'. The application may throw an exception for certain user configurations when retrieving the resources.

etc.... (.taw, .vis, .rnt) I don't know what that is, but sure enough it throws an exception and since my release build is a "Developer build", I now have dev console in my game displaying those warnings.

Not to mention that dev build eats more CPU than normal build (2-3x), so it takes much longer to load stuff and everything is slower.

Anyway this is not a big problem, because everything works fine, the only thing I really need right now is to get rid of the "Dev Build" thingy.

THANK YOU

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You kind of found the solution on your own: build in Master configuration. You're supposed to create package for the Windows Store using Master configuration.

Regarding those folders: what's inside?

3. magg

magg

THANK YOU! :D

Bunch of stuff like 482bbea6c431b799de.......475f8.ecm - don't know what that is, uploading a screenshot.

Attached Files:

4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Those seems to be lightmaps from Global Illumination system in Unity.