Search Unity

Developing overlay mini games for twitch?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by BrinzerDecalli, Dec 29, 2016.

1. BrinzerDecalli

BrinzerDecalli

Hey everyone,
    I'm very new to programming with unity, I'm more into animation, and I'm hoping to learn C# with little [ambitious] projects that I personally find interesting! I watch a lot of twitch, and am thinking about starting my own stream, but would like to build out some unique interactive experiences for the chat.

I was doing a bit of research, and haven't found many useful tutorials on how to create interactive overlays for twitch, only static and animation overlays. Do you guys have any tips, or suggested tutorials on using unity to build this type of overlay?

I assume, that there be some process in creating a web browser based game that accesses twitch data from moobot, or nightbot for input controllers. Then you run the HTML, flash, or WebGL export in OBS using a plug-in like CLR-browser. Does this sound right? Is there another way to go about it, that I'm not thinking of?

Appreciate any comments on this idea! And if anyone thinks I should post this thread on another section of the forum, please, advise me!

Thanks and all the best!

P.S. I think my hardware and Internet connection should not be an obstacle. I'm working on Dual 8 Core Xeons with a GTX1080, and a 150mb upload speed, so I hope that should powerful enough for what I want to do.

2. GigaGlitch

GigaGlitch

Were you able to find any good resources? I'm looking into the same subject and seem to be running into similar issues.

3. orchidgoth

orchidgoth

It looks like this is all done via Twitch Developer Rig... I was also wondering if it was possible to get a Unity mini game there.