Search Unity

Question Developing an AR App with Unity - In need of some guidance

Discussion in 'AR' started by acidentity, Mar 22, 2021.

1. acidentity

acidentity

Hey guys,

I'm a Graphic Design Student and doing my Bachelor atm. To keep it short: I am currently designing a book and want to incorporate an AR App to combine print + digital, and I could really need some guidance.

The app doesn't need to be complex, the only things I want to be able to do is project pictures/videos on the markers/images on individual pages of the book. (e.g. have a printed image on a page in the book and make it a video with the app) I've looked into some tutorials but it's very hard for me to get an overview as I don't know much about structuring an app and what I should even look for (I don't have any Unity/app development/coding background so this is quite complicated for me).
    Like what are all the parts/things I need to do to make this a fully working App? It's kinda difficult finding the right tutorials and also combining them, as it's always just a little piece of the cake and often done kinda differently. Don't really know where and how to start. Atm I can get multiple game objects to spawn, depending on the image that's being tracked, but they don't disappear again yet and yeah that's all so far haha.
    // EDIT: Got 'em to disappear frick yeah, but now they can only be triggered once
    // EDIT 2: Everything working great wooohoo every picture spawns the right prefab, they can be triggered as often as I want, videos work too and I got a working UI :D Now I just have to make it pretty and use the right files!

I'd be really grateful for any tips on how I could make this work lol.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021