Search Unity

'Developer Mode' watermark not clearning

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Kujo87, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Kujo87

Kujo87

Hi,

I'm running a new set up on my computer and at the moment I don't have full Visual Studio installed (waiting for the licence to come through), so in the mean time, I'm using Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone. I've been doing builds no problem for a while using VS Pro, but I'm having trouble releasing a Master build on VSE. It just doesn't seem to work. I've exported the VS project with Development build unticked, set the configuration to Master, hit the play button, and its in development mode. I even tried using the Application Deployment tool, and same deal.

Is it possible to do Master builds from VSE? If so, am I missing something?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It's probably appending to the project, try generating a new output build by deleting the target folder. You could report a bug if you've time as well.

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I haven't seen this issue before. Could you check from which folder UnityPlayer.dll is referenced? This could happen if for some reason it ended up referencing the release one rather than the master one.

Also, as hippocoder mentioned, rebuilding the project to an empty folder may be worth a shot.

4. Kujo87

Kujo87

Good catch Tautvydas, It is referencing Release. I think the reason for this is, I made changes to the project to allow the VS profiling:

Code (csharp):
    1. <ItemGroup>
    2.     <_ExplicitReference Include="..\Players\$(Platform)\Release\BridgeInterface.winmd" />
    3.     <_ExplicitReference Include="..\Players\$(Platform)\Release\UnityEngineDelegates.winmd" />
    4.     <_ExplicitReference Include="..\Players\$(Platform)\Release\UnityEngineProxy.dll" />
    5.     <_ExplicitReference Include="..\Players\$(Platform)\Release\UnityPlayer.winmd" />
    6.     <_ExplicitReference Include="..\Players\$(Platform)\Release\WinRTBridge.dll" />
    7. </ItemGroup>
    So I've just changed it so instead of saying Release, its now $(Configuration) and thats working

Thanks!