Search Unity

Developer Console Official Thread - Diversion Ctrl

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

The developer console is a runtime debug and command interface for Unity applications.

--- FEATURES ---

- Easy to setup – just drag and drop the prefab into your scene.
    - Utilizes Unity’s built-in UI system for maximum compatibility and flexibility.
    - Full professionally structured and documented C# source code included.

- Display debug messages at runtime – useful for debugging builds where Unity’s built-in debug console is unavailable.
    - Subscribes to Unity’s built-in debug events – no need to modify your existing code, just keep using ‘Debug.Log()’ as normal.
    - Highly customizable – choose whether to show timestamps, stack traces, collapse duplicate messages and more…
    - Optionally outputs all debug messages to a text file on disk.

- Call any method at runtime by typing a custom command string – useful for testing builds where Unity’s inspector is unavailable, or to give users access to ‘cheat codes’.
    - Supports public, non-public, static and non-static methods.
    - Supports methods with any number of parameters.
    - Automatically generate a persistent unique ID for GameObjects – useful to pass GameObjects or Components as parameters within commands.
    - Supports batch commands – enter multiple commands at once or read them in from a text file on disk.

--- SUPPORTED PLATFORMS ---
    - PC
    - Other platforms should work but are untested. File input/output is unsupported in web player builds.

--- SUPPORTED UNITY VERSIONS ---
    - Unity 2018.2.x or newer running the .Net 4.x scripting runtime or higher.
    - Older versions of Unity running the same scripting runtime should work but are untested.

--- ADDITIONAL INFO ---
    - Manual
    - Scripting API

Available now on the asset store!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2018
  2. hicham_AAI

hicham_AAI

Hi , in the version 1.1 , the prefab seems to be corrupted .
    tested with unity 2018.3.3f1 , can you please help in this matter ?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's most likely due to the new prefab workflow introduced in 2018.3. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet but I will test it tonight after work and upload a fix asap. :)

EDIT: Fix uploaded. It should be live on the asset store soon. Details follow.

The issue was that the prefab was not able to automatically update to the new prefab workflow as Unity have changed the way some of the Prefab Utility functionality works which caused an error with one of the scripts. If you don't want to wait for the fix to go live you can follow these steps yourself:

1. Open 'DC_EditorUtilities.cs' located under 'Assets/Diversion Ctrl/Common/Scripts' and replace line 31:
      Code (CSharp):
      1. if(PrefabUtility.GetPrefabType(obj) == PrefabType.Prefab)
      with the following line:
      Code (CSharp):
      1. if(PrefabUtility.GetPrefabInstanceStatus(obj) == PrefabInstanceStatus.NotAPrefab)
    2. Navigate to the 'Developer Console.prefab' asset located under 'Assets/Diversion Ctrl/Developer Console/Prefabs' and right click on the asset and select re-import.
    The prefab should now be upgraded to the new workflow and should behave as intended. Please let me know if you have any more issues.

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2019
  4. hicham_AAI

hicham_AAI

Oh wow thank you very much for the great reply and support !!! Great asset by the way !!

5. andreaskuenz

andreaskuenz

Hi! I just bought that package 2 months ago and now it's deprecated :( I guess that I'll run into problems with upcoming Unity versions. Any plans to revive the tool? It's pretty cool!