Search Unity

Develop on a 15" Laptop?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DeepShader, Jun 17, 2018.

1. DeepShader

DeepShader

Hi there,
    I'm working on an iMac Pro with 27" display, but I'm thinking about a switch to a MacBook Pro with 15" screen.

So my question is: Do anyone develop in Unity on a MacBook? How good does it work?

For sure, at home/office I could attach an external display, but on the go I would only have 15".

Thank you :)

2. DeepShader

DeepShader

Nobody can say something?

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Lately I've been doing about half of my indie development on my Windows laptop with a 13.1" display, because it is convenient to work a few hours in bed before I go to sleep, and work sitting in the car during lunch break. I don't think I would find something significantly larger nearly as convenient.

So convenience is a plus, but everything is quite small so sometimes I have to bring the laptop in close. Running regular 1080 HD res is obviously just the same amount of real estate as any other monitor of the same resolution though. I prefer running multiple monitors, with VS and web pages on one monitor and Unity on the other, so in comparison to that it slows me down a bit.

One convenience with my own project is I'm making this laptop's video hardware the minimum spec for my game, so it is nice to immediately be able to test any changes on the min spec hardware.

4. DeepShader

DeepShader

Ok, but could you really work on 13.1"? I mean Unity itself gots a lot of panels/windows around the scene/game-view.

What kind of game do you develop with this laptop?

And isn't Unity hardly slow on that kind of machine? Could you tell my the technical specifications of this laptop?

Thank you :)