Search Unity

Dev/Gaming Channel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prion Games, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Prion Games

Prion Games

Well we thought one day when we were bored to make a dev/game channel where we make videos of us playing games, making games, tutorials, etc. Well we had no idea we would strike gold so quickly. Meaning views, subs, not money lol!

So straight to it...........

We want to beta test, review, simply play and make a video for your games, no matter the size, genre, etc. We wanna help grow our channel and help gain some public popularity/reputation by sharing their games. The games can be alpha, beta, or complete.

What we need to help you:

Game Title Name

Brief Description

Special things you would like us to say in the video

Copy of the game so we can play and record

Does this cost money?..............

No, 100% free. We are doing this to build up our channel more with great games. We get channel structure, you get traffic to see your great games in action, as well as a in description or in video call back to your own channel, site, blog, etc.

Your company name or team name, or if a solo developer, names will be listed in the videos.

We also guarantee 300 views within 2-3 days.

If you have a game ready for such exposure send me a PM, post a reply here, or email me. We are also on Skype, check my profile for the contact info.

Edit: We currently have no support for Ios yet. Working on getting the hardware required. :(

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Prion Games

Prion Games

Does anyone have a new game in development that needs a review, or game play 1st look? We can do one as early as you need.

3. Myhijim

Myhijim

Will send you something late December

4. Prion Games

Prion Games

Okay, sounds great! :)

5. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I'll let you know when I've got the five-minute pre-alpha of Thora ready! [/plug]

6. Code_Of_Honour

Code_Of_Honour

I may send you something in mid-late January, when I got a playable build of me top-secret(muahahaha) project ready.

7. Prion Games

Prion Games

Okay sounding great guys!

8. dark_tonic

dark_tonic

9. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Theres nothing you guys cant do is there <3

10. Paradigm-SW

Paradigm-SW

Watch out guys, a whopping 300 views >.>

11. Code_Of_Honour

Code_Of_Honour

Yeah, but all exposure helps, right? Or did I miss something about this guy??

12. Prion Games

Prion Games

What is wrong with 300 views? That is in no way the limit, I just do not want to falsely give a high number then something happens, or traffic is slow and they get only a few hundred for a bit.

13. Prion Games

Prion Games

They will say I start so many projects. yes, if I am not mistaken just because I always went public does not mean these so called people have not done the same thing, and other do do the same thing. learning my friend. Plus I have not done much in terms of projects in roughly quite a few months. I been sticking to freelance for a bit. I do not see any issue with helping fellow devs, and helping my own cause as well as the team we have doing this.

Just figured I would say that before we get 50 replies going over it and ruining the true point to this thread. Thanks!

14. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

@Prion Games : I think it's a good idea what you are doing, but if you are going to do this then think from the viewers perspective more than the material your promoting.

I wouldn't put too much time saying "but it's beta alpha bla bla bla" yes we already know that. Just get the viewer engaged. "I recommend you click on the credits", if people want to they will.

You objective is promotion, right. then the best promotion is you have many viewers watching this channel. So make it fun. The video I watched I was thinking "come on stop talking let see this in action", until half way then it started to show the game.

Why not start showing it from the start and talk at the same time.
    don't spend time talking whilst looking at the menu arhhh.

Good luck with it.

15. Prion Games

Prion Games

Yes, I know but that particular game had sample content really so I did not want it to be a 1 minute video. Future progress should have more game to show, and this Titans game here listed above looks promising for that as well. :)

16. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

How about showing some footage while the person is talking, while showing other things like concept art while the talking is continuing?

If the video footage is one minute, OK. There's always things like concept art, stills of rendered levels, etc. to show to really show the game off. It'll help the pacing, and show off the developers' creative material at the same time.

17. Prion Games

Prion Games

I will try that next time. :)

18. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Yes, its better then nothing... and if his channel becomes big well then you would be kicking yourself ...

19. Prion Games

Prion Games

Upon applications, we now have been approved and accepted as Youtube partners.

All contracts have been signed. Our channel is now proudly an employee to RPM Network, a subdivision to Maker Studios.

This process did not take us 2 weeks of starting our idea, We are greatly pleased to know they see something in our channel and took us in on such a young channel. Were very excited and hope to continue this success. Our channel should have additional features in the next few days upon some more paperwork being finished up.

Hopefully with our new partnership we can grow larger and larger with help from our gamers on staff and developers on these wonderful communities.

THANK YOU ALL!
    $Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  20. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Just did a quick search for Unveiled Gaming through a few company finder websites and couldn't find any hits for it, so one the bright side, you're name isn't someone elses for once *round of applause*

On the other side, you haven't registered your name, someone could take it any...second.... *cackles*

You don't have to claim it I guess if its not a serious promotion company but id recommend it, might bite you in the ass.

21. Prion Games

Prion Games

Well we did not expect quick success. I also have never used any ones names before? Closest I came to that was Ryuu Online while back, but even then that name was not taken. But anyways we plan to gather a domain name soon if the urgency for it comes to pass.

22. Prion Games

Prion Games

We have been fully partnered and now need more games to throw into our mix. We will take any game, please no mobile yet. PC preferred for now. We plan to expand soon to other platforms.

We have a 300 views in One week guarantee.

If you have a game needing some publicity let us know. Even if its a in development game. We offer update vids to to follow game progress to completion if game is still in dev.