Search Unity

Dev Blog 1: Butterfly (feedback will be returned)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by newb_quest, Oct 16, 2013.

1. newb_quest

newb_quest

hey guys,

Here's a short video I did over at my newbquest blog project, showing the latest work on my game in progress. As the name suggests I'm very new to game development and unity. The blog is about documenting my progress both learning and making this game.

If you'd like to give a comment or some feedback I'd be happy to return some feedback on whatever you're working on!

Thanks,
    Matt

http://newbquest.com/2013/10/newbquest-developer-blog-1-butterfly-intro/

2. Euphoric

Euphoric

I had a look at your video. Its a good start with an interesting concept. Keep working at it, im interested to see where this may lead. While watching the video I almost envisioned this being a phone game where you can touch the butterflies on the screen to shoot at them.

3. newb_quest

newb_quest

hey Euphoric,

Thanks for checking it out! I really appreciate your taking the time. I actually originally envisioned this as a phone game and might like to get there at a later point. At the moment because of my limited skills I'm initially targetting PC/Mac due to the easier input system and more flexible system requirements. I also struggled with the concept of how to design a movement system in 3d space using a phone/tablet interface. It's so much easier to steer using a mouse and keyboard (at least as I imagine it). For me the free space 3d movement is an important aspect and that seemed more difficult on the phone. Maybe it could work with an accelerometer or something.

Is there a project you're working on that you'd like me to give some feedback on? I'd love to return the favor.

thanks,
    M.

4. Euphoric

Euphoric

No problem at all, it all starts with an idea and can only build from there. I agree, it would be very complicated to accomplish a flexible user input system to make it a phone game. Developing the controls for computer I think is definitely the best way to start. I do have a thread open in this section of the forums as well. I updated my signature with the link.

5. newb_quest

newb_quest