Search Unity

Detonator Explosion System

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by benthroop, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Lee7

Lee7

Thanks.

Just to clarify, if your Detonator works fine in the editor but shows nothing when you Build, move the detonator folder to your resources folder.

2. H2O_Rain

H2O_Rain

Can you help me? After importing the asset, its structured Detonator Explosion Framework/Resources/Detonator/Textures what do you mean by moving the detonator folder to the resources folder if its already there? FYI explosions render in editor but not in standalone build. The development console tells me that there are problems in the System/Detonator.cs file. Specifically lines 94, 188, 319.
    94: FillDefaultMaterials();
    188: if (!smokeAMaterial) smokeAMaterial = DefaultSmokeAMaterial();
    319: defaultSmokeAMaterial = new Material(Shader.Find("Particles/Alpha Blended"));
    It appears to be giving me a null reference exception. I'm pretty new to coding and unity, any help?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. H2O_Rain

H2O_Rain

NVM After some tinkering with the files, I finally got it to work by moving all the files in Detonator Explosion Framework to Detonator Explosion Framework/Resources/Detonator

4. Quadgnim

Quadgnim

I recently upgraded from Unity 4 to 5.3.5 and I'm getting this error

If you want to use a non-convex mesh either make the Rigidbody kinematic or remove the Rigidbody component. Scene hierarchy path "Quadrant2/Player-8954/ShipExplosion(Clone)/Detonator-Insanity/Heatwave", Mesh asset path "Library/unity default resources" Mesh name "Plane"Non-convex MeshCollider with non-kinematic Rigidbody is no longer supported in Unity 5.

I have a ship with a rigid body and mesh collider. When the ship is destroyed is spawns a Detonator-Insanity explosion. As you can see this generated an error. I'm not sure if its due to the rigidbody+mesh collider of the parent object or something with the detonator. Any suggestions or guidance are appreciated.

Thanks

5. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Detonator no longer works on Unity 2018 because of the abandoned (old) legacy particle system.
    Do you plan to renew this package at all ?
    Do you guys know about any alternative on the Asset Store that uses the new Shuriken ?

6. schmosef

schmosef

7. Arowx

Arowx

I had a go at updating it a while ago not sure if it will still work in 2018???

FiveFingers likes this.
  8. benthroop

benthroop

Hi, Detonator author here. I looked at it a few months ago and it would not be a terribly bad update. Basically there is one component that provides an interface to the particle systems. It would need to get refactored to talk to Shuriken instead of Legacy.

The thing that stopped me from putting the time in is that I just wasn't sure anyone was still using it. If more people are interested in a Detonator 2018 update, speak up!

Agnee, TinmanX, arkon and 5 others like this.
  9. mancuso

mancuso

Hi Benthroop, definitely interested in an update to this package.

Thanks!

schmosef and JBR-games like this.
  10. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

Yeah, of course, it would benefit Unity and the community!

11. FiveFingers

FiveFingers

I think the link you provided is not working (anymore) ?

12. arkon

arkon

Hi, Yes definitely update it please. I use it in all my games and the list of warnings and depreciations is getting longer and longer and the thought of having to replace it kind of stops me updating my games to 2018!

JBR-games likes this.
  13. TinmanX

TinmanX

Hi Ben,

Definitely interested in an updated version of this asset. I am still using earlier versions of Unity just to make use of it. The community would definitely appreciate it! :)

Agnee and JBR-games like this.
  14. khos

khos

Unity 2019.1.0f1 shows:

Assets/Detonator Explosion Framework/System/DetonatorBurstEmitter.cs(17,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ParticleEmitter' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Assets/Detonator Explosion Framework/System/DetonatorBurstEmitter.cs(18,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ParticleRenderer' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Assets/Detonator Explosion Framework/System/DetonatorBurstEmitter.cs(19,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ParticleAnimator' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Assets/Detonator Explosion Framework/System/DetonatorBurstEmitter.cs(41,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ParticleRenderMode' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    Assets/Detonator Explosion Framework/System/DetonatorShockwave.cs(17,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ParticleRenderMode' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

I guess these scrips need to be updated using the Unity particle conversion tool, anyone up for it? If not I can try..

qxq000 likes this.
  15. DYV

DYV

Yes I am interested too :)

16. Arowx

Arowx

Here is my attempt at converting the Detonator Insanity Explosion to the 'new' Unity Particle System...
    https://arowx.itch.io/unity-detonator-insanity

Hopefully from this and the other detonator assets you can recreate the explosions you need for your games.

khos and Novack like this.
  17. DYV

DYV

Thank you for the new update!!!

18. khos

khos

Nice one! I wouldn't mind seeing a sample / screenshots to check out the difference.

19. TheRealGrendel

TheRealGrendel

Heya folks! I've been working with benthroop at Frame Interactive to get Detonator updated! Now Detonator supports Unity versions 2017.x and up (minimum 2017.1). The Unity Asset Store is updated to include this version (2.0.0).

Here is also a link to the GitHub project: https://github.com/benthroop/Detonator

The GitHub will be used for any hotfixes or features that we'll need, and the asset store build will be updated on periodic occasions to keep up with the repo.

exiguous, schmosef and khos like this.
  20. schmosef

schmosef

Nice to see this asset getting some TLC.

21. exiguous

exiguous

That's great news. Thanks for your effort.

22. ngclcs

ngclcs

I'm in Unity 2020.3.35 and all seemed to be working well. However, after updating from Unity Particle Pack 5.x the new Unity Particle pack the sounds are off and I no longer see any particle effects. I still see the force applied to rigedbodies but that is all. It was working in spite of 5.x being old but the new Unity Particle pack seems to have broken something.

Reverted and it works again but the particles do not show up in VR.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022