Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Detecting Gamepads

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by wbokunic, Feb 26, 2011.

1. wbokunic

wbokunic

I've run into an issue in my game. I added in Logitech Gamepad support, and it works fine. But I had a friend test it with a 360 controller and the buttons are all over the place with it. Is there any way to see if the user is running one type of gamepad or another?

2. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Not within Unity. There may be a 3rd party driver that you can use that may do this (and remap the buttons for you), what OS are you using?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  3. wbokunic

wbokunic

Well, thing is, I want it to be seamless for the player. plug in their gamepad and it just works. I want to avoid third party stuff.

4. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

What OS? Webplayer or stand-alone? If the OS supports it and you're delivering it as a stand-alone, you might be able to build a plugin for this. Otherwise, I don't know of any way to do this inside Unity.

Don't know if this will help you, but take a look at "AutoHotkey".

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  5. wbokunic

wbokunic

It's Windows/Mac. I've never made a plugin for Unity before, and I'd rather not diverge much time to learn how to to do. I think I'll just find some other way around.

Thanks.