Search Unity

Detect multiple occurrences of the same Image Target

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by K1kk0z90_Unity, Jan 10, 2018.

1. K1kk0z90_Unity

K1kk0z90_Unity

Hello,
    I'm new to Vuforia. I have a database consisting of only one Image Target. I have printed 2 copies of this image, and I want to detect both simultaneously, whenever they are both in the camera's field of view.
    In VuforiaConfiguration I have set Max Simultaneous Tracked Images to 2. In my scene I have only one instance of that Image Target.
    When I try to run the project (either on an Android phone or in the Unity editor) the augmentation is performed only on one image at a time, even when both copies of the same image are visible on the phone camera (or the PC webcam when testing in Unity editor).
    What am I doing wrong? Thank you in advance for your help! :)

khanhabib likes this.
  2. nahoy

nahoy

Hey,

I may be wrong, but you must have 2 different Image Target, not twice the same.
    I think that when it found the Image Target it was looking for, it stops looking for this particular one since it already found it.
    If you want to hack around it, I guess you could create a second Image Target with the exact image, but it will be 2 different Image Targets for the system?

K1kk0z90_Unity likes this.
  3. K1kk0z90_Unity

K1kk0z90_Unity

Thank you very much for your answer! :)
    I have tried also to duplicate the same Image Target, so that I had 2 instances in the scene, but in the editor I get a Warning:

and it still detects only one image.

However, if I have 2 DIFFERENT Image Targets in the scene, it augments both correctly. So it is not possible to augment the same Image Target more than once in the same camera field of view?

4. nahoy

nahoy

"So it is not possible to augment the same Image Target more than once in the same camera field of view"
    Seems like we can't :)

5. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

You cannot track multiple instances of the same target at the current time. VuMarks offers a functionality that is similar to this however. You can design a single image and generate instances with slight variances (similar to a QR code) that can be detected and tracked as separate targets.

You can read more about VuMarks here: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Training/VuMark.html

6. K1kk0z90_Unity

K1kk0z90_Unity

OK, thank you for your answer! :)

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  7. pixamentory

pixamentory

How can i detect multiple vumark instances.......as i am doing now two different instances of vumark showing same id