Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Destructible Environment Demo

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by CkSned, May 2, 2013.

1. CkSned

CkSned

An old project I worked on back in Unity 2.6. Pretty much just wanted to see what I could do for the first time messing around with destructible objects. I would say it turned out not to bad besides the frame rate issues.

Probably wont work on it again but I put a video up so that its another item to show off in a portfolio. Let me know what you think!

2. proandrius

proandrius

Unity Technologies

Nice, I like slow motion. Is it optimised at all or these objects are pure rigidbodies?

3. CkSned

CkSned

Most were rigid bodies, which id say is the cause of the frame rate drop. I made it around a year ago back when id just started with Unity so if I was to re do it I would probably try to optimise it more. A little more knowledgable now than I was back then aha.

4. Xcreations

Xcreations

Not bad.

5. CkSned

CkSned

Thanks. Ill maybe actually make it into something one day. Or just put the prefabs up for download incase anyone wants to use em.

6. em3plum

em3plum

pretty the good do you have the package available anywhere for download

7. primus88

primus88

The idea is great and with the right effects and models, people would play it only for the eye-candy.
    But, I doubt that at this stage the game will run at least decent on most rigs.

- Should optimize the buildings (instead of making it from hundreds or rigidbodies you could apply a shattering algorithm)
    - Your terrain was huge, I think that also impacts the fps.