Search Unity

Destroyer Command - 2D arcade game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Ahnuld, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Ahnuld

Ahnuld

Hi All,

After a lot of prototypes I finally made a version of one that is at least in a playable state, though there is still a lot to be done as it has only 10 missions and 7 differend kinds of units. It is a remake of old games I used to play in the 90s (which as I have found out were themselves remakes of Depth Charge from 1978).

Development is still in progress, but as these first 10 levels are kind of polished now, I uploaded it to the google play store and the windows store (those also were the easiest to deploy from Unity).

It kind of started out as a testing project. As Unity is a small part of the classes I am teaching (kids can build a game or app with a technology of their choice) I want at least to experience the full process of starting from scratch and eventually publishing something in the store.

The big question is: what's next? If anyone wants to try out the game and give feedback about what they think should be added (or improved) it is most welcome!

It's already available for download: http://starwave.nl/games/destroyercommand/

Some screenshots: The main menu

The gameplay you probably know from those old arcade games, depth charges!

But wait..there's more, AA guns!

2. GarBenjamin

GarBenjamin

Great job completing it. Surprising we don't see more retro remakes around here. Looks good and definitely reminds me of those games.

3. Ahnuld

Ahnuld

Thanks!

I can only wish it was done :) My to do list has 30 more levels, lots more ships and the buying of upgrades with earned points. And I'm hoping for more suggestions! But I only have about a day a week for this, so it's going to take a while to really finish it.