Search Unity

Designing for Middle School Kids

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by TunaBandit, Jan 30, 2016.

1. TunaBandit

TunaBandit

I need help designing a game for middle school age kids. 6th through 8th grade level to be exact. Grades are done differently in other countries so around 11-13 age range.

Need help with some ideas on a game to make for the kids. I work at middle school as a para. The kids at my school carry Chromebooks around which they do lessons on, turn assignments, research and so on. Normally what they tend to do is play games. Games not technically allowed, but they play them regardless. They play them because the education games they play are dull. I have tried some of the games and they are very boring. I mainly work with math so I am looking to design a math game that is fun and something the kids want to play. Any ideas would be awesome!

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Have you seen Dragonbox? It's a very cool puzzle game that surreptitiously teaches algebra. Perhaps something like that would fit the bill?

AndrewGrayGames, LMan and TunaBandit like this.
  3. tedthebug

tedthebug

Make a ccg or something & every time they use a combo they have to type in what their value is. If they get it wrong then they get half the correct answer as their value.

Martin_H likes this.