Search Unity

Deselection of a camera in a prefab doens't save

Discussion in 'Prefabs' started by unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg, Aug 28, 2019.

1. unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

Hello guys,

I'm working on a multiplayer VR game project. And I'm having a problem with a prefab.
    I've got a prefab of a player which contains Oculus Integration asset prefab.

And I'd like to deselect the camera component of a game object (CenterEyeAnchor). However, when i deselect it, then save, it doesn't work because if I re open the prefab, the camera component is still selected.

Can someone help me pls ? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. runevision

runevision

Unity Technologies

To avoid confusion, I'm guessing that when you say selected and deselected you mean enabled and disabled. As in, you want the Camera component to stay disabled (the checkmark in the corner is unchecked). Is that right?

I'm not sure why it's enabled again after reopening the Prefab. Might it be one of the Oculus components that force it to be enabled? Can you make a copy of the Prefab where you try to remove all the Oculus components and see if the issue still happens?

3. unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

First thanks for answering.

And yes I mean't enabled / disabled.

So I disabled all the components in the prefab and the camera is the only one remaining enabled

4. runevision

runevision

Unity Technologies

Can you try to make a new Prefab that has only a Camera and nothing else and see if you experience the same problem with that one, that if you disable the Camera component, save, and reopen the Prefab, it's enabled again?

5. unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

unity_MPvGhemcOqG1Vg

With an other prefab it works, the problem comes from the actual prefab

6. runevision

runevision

Unity Technologies

Ok, then it's likely one of the other components - possibly one of the Oculus integration components - that cause it to happen. If that's the case, there's not anything we can do about it from our end.

I didn't understand all your posts 100% but if you believe it's a problem in Unity itself and not with e.g. a specific third party component, we'll need a bug report with repro project and repro steps to be able to investigate it.