Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Depthkit 2.5D volumetric Prefab not sticking to planes in ARfoundation

Discussion in 'AR' started by Dirrogate, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Dirrogate

Dirrogate

Hi All.
    I'm not a coder, but have been looking at the many examples of "Tap to place objects" already on the internet.
    TL;DR: All script/solutions seem to want you to create a prefab to instantiate. Is there any possible way that an already playing game object can be clicked on to be re-positioned on detected horizontal planes?
    I'd be very grateful for a script example.

Background: Depthkit (www.deptkit.tv) is a semi volumetric solution that creates a mesh at runtime that get tesselated/heightmapped with a 2Dvideo+depthmap shader.
    As a result --- and I'm guessing,--- making such a runtime mesh into a prefab to spawn via a "Tap to place object" script using AR foundation and ARcore, is not working. What's happening is, it does spawn, but then does not lock to detected planes.
    If anyone wants a demo clip/plugin I can upload. Or, with a free registration at Depthkit.tv they have the plugin and a sample to download for free

If someone can help with a script that does not need prefab spawning, but a way that an already existing game object can be clicked on to be re-positioned on detected horizontal planes, I'll try to adapt it with my limited skills.

Kind Regards

unityunity