Search Unity

[Depreciated] Ultimate Replay - Complete state based replay system

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by scottyboy805, Jun 28, 2017.

1. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Hi,
    That first error is a Unity issue with serialization and can be fixed by switching to mixed mode serialization, importing the asset and then switching back to force text. Its due to Ultimate Relay being created in an older Unity version and is harmless but annoying. More information about that here. The warnings we can fix in the next update.
    The IO exception means that your replay file is accessed multiple times. Are you using an external tool or similar to view the file or calling BeginPlayback while recording? If not, then any steps to reproduce the issue would help and we cna look into it.

2. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

What functionality do you feel is missing? We can add it to version 2.0 if it has not already been added. Version 2.0 uses a static API much the same as version 1.0 but you do not need to add a ReplayManager component to the scene. Did you have a particular issue with the singleton approach in version 1.0?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  3. MikhaskoS

MikhaskoS

Thanks for the answer. That's right. Perhaps you should consider the possibility of incorrect use of buttons. I didn't embed your asset in the app, so there were no problems with singleton. However, experience shows that most likely it will :) I will return to this issue when I can actually use version 2.

4. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Ok Thanks for the feedback. Version 2.0 is in open beta if you wanted to try it now. The download link is at the top of the WIP thread.

5. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

this is support webGL?

6. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Hi, Yes WebGL works just fine although it is not possible to save to file when using that platform.

7. Mamoon178

Mamoon178

oh i want to save file but in webGL that is save data in blob url i think

8. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Ahh OK. The asset doesn't support file saving due to IO limitations and the fact that a background thread is used to stream the data seamlessly which is not supported on webGL and would cause slight pauses and stutters as data is read on the main thread.

9. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Ultimate Replay has now been depreciated in favor of Ultimate Replay 2.0. The replacement asset has many more features that have been highly requested by users and is much more capable in general. Existing customers will receive a reduced price upgrade to the new asset.

Read more about version 2.0 on the main asset thread.

10. radiantboy

radiantboy

can I get refund? never even liked or used the asset but you always refused to refund.

11. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

Hi,
    Send us your invoice number to 'info(at)trivialinteractive.co.uk' and if it shows that the asset was not downloaded then we will be happy to refund. If the asset has been downloaded and 14 days have passed since the purchase date then we will not be able to offer a refund as the given reason is not a valid refund reason according to the EULA. We offer a free trial version of the asset so that you can try before you buy which I assume you would have tried out? Surely you would have come to the conclusion that the asset was not for you from the trial version alone, especially considering it contains all features from the full version. If you purchased the asset based on the Unity 'Refunds - We Have You Covered' tag line, then I appologze but this is Unity severley misleading asset store customers and this information directly contradicts the asset store EULA. It is something us publishers strongly disagreed with and it now looks like Unity have changed that message. Section 2.9 of the Asset Store End Users Rights and Obligations contains more information on refunds. If you have any more questions or concerns then we will be happy to discuss this further via the support email given above.

12. radiantboy

radiantboy

Sorry I must apologise, I am getting your asset mixed up with EZ Replay! Please accept my apologies.

13. scottyboy805

scottyboy805

No worries. I thought I did not recall a refund request but did not want to contradict you :).

14. radiantboy

radiantboy

Yes, looks like I got your free trial anyway and it did work fine :) EZ Replay guy has never accepted my requests for refund and it never worked lol. Actually wrote my own system in the end so I could have killcams. Cheers.

scottyboy805 likes this.